The third capital initiative in the history of TMC was announced last weekend. If you didn't get a chance to listen to this message, you can watch it online HERE.
Relentless Love Capital Initiative
OUR CONCERN: PEOPLE ARE NOT FEELING VALUED BECAUSE OF OUR FACILITIES! (THREE BIGGEST PROBLEMS WE FACE!)
- Lack of space in the children’s ministry
- Prevents more children from participating in our children’s ministry.
- Causes frustration for parents waiting in lines before and after worship gatherings to drop off and pick up their children.
- Doesn’t provide resources to help parents.
- Without this, the average age of Thunder Mountain Church will climb!
- “Fatal Funnel.” People aren’t able to connect because our “fatal funnel” pushes them in/out past each other!
- No Private Spaces. We believe more people would carry through with personal decisions if not for the lack of on-campus private space to connect with them!
OUR DREAM: WE IMAGINE A CAMPUS WHERE OUR BUILDING ENHANCES OUR CHURCH CULTURE . . .
- By providing a campus that will become a seven-day a week destination for people!.
- By providing privates spaces allowing people to linger without feeling run over or pushed out the door with multiple areas to connect, process decisions, and pray for one another!
- By providing a more spacious and secure children’s ministry with room for all the children God calls here and where parents can enter and exit the worship gatherings stress-free!
- Where the Lord adds daily to those who are being saved . . . RIGHT HERE!
OUR DISCOVERY: As we took our time and prayed over this situation, we realized children’s space is our most immediate and critical need.
- Classrooms are crowded.
- Lack of adequate children’s space is limiting the number of families who were willing to call TMC “home.”
- This expansion would make room for more people and help close the gap between the facilities we need and what we can afford.
WHAT RELENTLESS LOVE WILL PAY FOR:
- Construction of four new classrooms
- Expand restrooms
- Remodel current classrooms #1-3
- Purchase modular for children’s ministry use
- Connect to city sewer (we can’t build on our land when it is needed for the septic tank and leach field)
- Expand the playground
- Paint building
- Remodel Media Booth to create more seats in our auditorium
- Replace carpet in the current building.
- Repair our lighted sign so it can display on East side.
- Engineering, design, permit and related fees.
With the remodel (the addition of the modular and the four large classrooms) we will more than triple the space of our current children’s ministry and it will give us five large classrooms and a good-sized room for children’s worship!
- Daily Spiritual Journey (sign up for notifications through our app)
- Goal Cards will be made available this weekend for each of us to pray about our participation.
- Commitment Weekend and First Fruits Offering on October 27-28.
- Celebration Weekend November 10-11.
Thunder Mountain Church has a uniquely strong relationship between elders and staff! When staff is hired, they are evaluated upon the “C’s” of . . .
- Character. How well they follow Jesus when no one is watching?
- Competency. How well they are able to do what they are supposed to do?
- Chemistry. How well they are able to get along with the rest of the team?
- Culture. How well they understand the uniqueness with which God created TMC?
- Calling. Does their desire to serve come from an invitation
STUDENT MINISTRY TRIP
We are helping to finish the perimeter wall at Casa Esperanza Para Niños to help ensure the safety of the children, as well as aiding in three local churches hosting VBS's throughout the city of Hermosillo, MX.
We paid for the whole wall with our Christmas offering but then they realized they needed an electronic gate (which was a great idea!) With part of our gifts, and with extra money that they raised, they got the gate installed!
FOLLOW UP ON LAST WEEKEND’S “GET OUT OF THE BOAT” MESSAGE
If you missed this message, you can click here to watch it!
It was another paradigm-shifting message for me to hear a positive, encouraging tone from Jesus when he said to Peter, “Oh you of little faith! Why did you doubt?”
Kim knew a song that was a great follow up on the opening story of the china that never got out of the box! It is called, How to Live and it's by Point of Grace. I thought you’d rather hear the song than for me to read some of the lyrics (besides the message was already pretty long). click here to listen