I Have Decided Weekend!
What a joy it was to be present for our I Have Decided weekend, this past weekend, and to witness decisions being made by people who want to follow Jesus! Overall, there were eighteen baptisms!
I am grateful to be part of a church where stories are being told. For example, it was a joy to hear the testimony videos that were played during the gatherings, and I look forward to hearing the stories that will be told by those who went all in with Jesus this weekend!
I told Laurel, “We may need to have the roof tiles checked this week. The way people were singing after witnessing those baptisms, I think some tiles probably came loose!”
Thank you for being a church fully committed to truth and grace! At TMCC, uncompromising truth is presented in a safe, non-judgmental environment. We try to say what Jesus would say, in the way Jesus would say it. Healing is found, and Satan is defeated, when each of us is able to be honest and confident with who we are! There is safety in the “light”!
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. James 5:16 (HCSB)
5 Now this is the message we have heard from Him and declare to you: God is light, and there is absolutely no darkness in Him. 6 If we say, “We have fellowship with Him,” yet we walk in darkness, we are lying and are not practicing the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say, “We have no sin,” we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:5–9 (HCSB)
I wanted to let you know about two great opportunities to reach out and touch the lives of people with the love of Jesus! Just think about the impact our gifts will have when placed into the hands of Jesus!
Thanksgiving baskets provide meals for FORTY families in need!
Here is how this process works:
- Each family in need will be contacted by a TMCC volunteer to confirm their information and explain the process.
- Baskets will be filled directly by volunteers who sign up. These volunteers will receive a $45 gift card purchased by TMCC. They will then make contact with the family to go over the menu and make an appointment to drop off the food basket.
- Once contact has been made, and a drop off appointment set, the volunteer will shop for the food items and drop everything off directly at the recipient's home the week of Thanksgiving. The mission is not just about providing a meal, but connecting with the family to really make them feel loved and cared for by TMCC.
If you would like to be a key volunteer through whom the Lord will use to touch the life of a family this Thanksgiving, please visit the Thanksgiving Volunteer sign-up table in the foyer this weekend, Nov. 4-5! Or you can email Caitlin Waterbury directly at .
Operation Christmas Child
Operation Christmas Child (OCC) literally sends our gifts around the world so children can open the love of Jesus at Christmas! If you would like to learn more about Operation Christmas Child, please click here.
- Please pick up the boxes at the table in the lobby (or at the office) this weekend through November 12th.
- Return them filled no later than November 19th.
- Our goal is 500 boxes.
- The first 100 boxes we give out will be plastic. The OCC kids love to reuse these boxes to carry water or to store their belongings.
- We'll include a list of items allowed, as well as ideas of things the kids would like (like stuffed animals, socks, etc).
- Please do not send toothpaste or candy! These items are no longer allowed through customs.
The month of November will feature a special teaching series! Open-Handed Living is about developing a spirit of generosity, in many facets of life, that may have more to say about how you experience God!
Come discover how open-handed living reveals an open-handed God!