HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE GLS!
- Prayer against distractions and barriers. Pray that nothing keep you or others from attending!
- Prayer for the sensitivity. Ask God to help you hear what He wants you to hear.
- Download the apps GLS18 as well as GLSnext.
- Come prepared to take notes. I use my iPad with a keyboard.
- Engage through Twitter. I will search #GLS18 and #(last name of speaker) to see what others are catching. It also allows me to find complete sets of notes so I only need to write down a few things specifically for me. Then join the conversation using the same hashtags.
- Plan to debrief with another attendee. Kim and I will debrief each evening by asking one another “What stood out to you?” I will do the same with a few other people in the days after the event.
- Create Action Lists. The past two years, I have created three separate documents: Notes, Take-Aways, and Top-Actions List because it’s only what you end up doing that changes your life and the lives of others with whom God has given you influence! Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.John 13:17 (NIV)
Location: Village Meadows Baptist Church (1407 El Camino Real, Sierra Vista, AZ 85635)
Suggestion: arrive at 8:00am to check in. On Thursday, there will be a video playing at 8:15 to address the situation with Bill Hybels (Please link to my earlier blog where I mentioned it)
LIVING ON MISSION
Ever feel frustrated by those “wilderness” experiences in your life? Come this week to find how those tough seasons are essential to become the person you really want to be! Living on Mission means saying “yes” to God when “yes” means time spent living in the wilderness! This message should help us to be able to thank Him!
PROJECT SERVE UPDATE
On Sunday, September 2, we will cancel our regular worship “services” and go serve in our community! This will be the third time we have done this and the results have been very gratifying as many people pour out their appreciation to the various outreach teams.
We have 14 projects lined up to be completed by various teams. During this month of August, we will be filling the various roles with volunteers to serve on teams. There will be a variety of work to do as well as kitchen support needed.
To get involved in this great outreach opportunity, email Caitlin Ebbing, our Outreach Coordinator, at or call the church office at 520-459-8622.
We will gather on Saturday for one “Night on Mission” style event! Stay tuned for more information!