Elder Installation this Weekend
Richard Falcon will be installed this Sunday, Dec. 16th, at the 10:30 gathering. I have known Richard to be a man of God who leads his family well with truth and grace! Each year, for several years, we have asked Richard to prayerfully consider serving in this role and THIS is the year he said “yes.”
Alan Claytor will be rotating off the eldership after serving two three-year terms over the past eight years, and we will honor him on the weekend of January 5-6.
Our 2018 Christmas Offering will support the Outreach Project we have selected for our Relentless Love initiative.
Lori’s Place (aka “Cochise Family Advocacy Center”) touched the hearts of Thunder Mountain Church at Christmas in 2016 when you gave $10,005.17 in response and helped establish them as THE place where victims of sexual violence could get essential support.
Now, they need to expand their facilities and we are ready to help in a BIG way! Ten Percent (a tithe) of what is being given to Relentless Love will go to this project. If you want to give in addition to that, use the hashtag #ChristmasOffering this month and we will match up to $5,000! If you would like to give to the Christmas Offering, click here!
Christmas Weekend Schedule
Our regular weekend gatherings and our Christmas Eve gatherings will be separate events. The Missing Christmas series will conclude on Sunday with Christmas Eve being separate and distinct.
For the weekend (Sunday, Dec. 23 only) we will have three gatherings:
9:00am, 10:30am, and 12:00pm. We will not have gatherings on Saturday, December 22.
For Christmas Eve (Monday, Dec. 24) we will hold three special gatherings:
4:30pm, 6:00pm and 7:30pm.
There will an hour in the auditorium with Christmas music, communion, and a short message before people are dismissed to be able to linger and to enjoy learning experiences that are being planned for different classrooms. This is something we want children to be able to enjoy with parents. The nursery will be open for children up through pre-school.
To avoid confusion between the Christmas Eve and the weekend gatherings, we are not offering Christmas Eve on the evening of the 23rd (which would be Sunday evening).
Relentless Love Updates
- The stem walls of the addition are poured, the plumbing is roughed in, and the floor is scheduled to be poured this week!
- The sewer is being connected (which MUST be done to build anything on our land).
- The modular is scheduled to be delivered on January 16.
- We are trying to find a way to add 100 chairs to our auditorium!
- Project completion is estimated to be April 8 (Easter is April 21)!
Relentless Love Facts
- 139 households have gotten out of the boat by setting a goal and/or giving to the RL Initiative!
- Goals of over $956,000 have already been set!
- Gifts of over $56,000 have already been given!
- We are praying we can end RL with the church completely debt free (50 MORE GOALS COULD DO IT).
- If you would like to participate in Relentless Love visit our website here!