Good Friday Plans!
This Friday, March 30, we will have a special Good Friday Worship Experience that we think will be a blessing to those who gather to reflect on the crucifixion of Jesus.
Different stations will be set up throughout Thunder Mountain for you. It will be open between
Come when you can, stay as long as you need! I know this experience will be a blessing to those who are able to participate!
This is the weekend we get to give to Casa Esperanza in Hermosillo, Mexico! We are excited to help fund the remaining portion of a block security fence around the perimeter of their property to protect the children and their home. Please use #Easter in order to designate your gift for this project. There are a few different ways you can give to this special offering.
- You can give online at our website by clicking here
- Use Text to give by texting #Easter to 520.389.6245
- Use an envelope located in a seatback when you gather with us for worship this weekend.
In addition to what you give, we will be giving Casa $1 for each person that attends our Good Friday Gathering, as well as Easter Weekend. AND, $5 per new Connection Card.
We will have 5 gatherings to choose from. The only change will be the addition of a
Otherwise, our four usual gathering times will be normal, with all Children's Ministry rooms available.
If you are bringing guests, come to whichever gathering time they are planning to come to! They will be even more comfortable if you are there at the same time!
IF YOU HAVE A CHOICE of when to attend, please consider coming on Saturday or the
I joke with people that on Easter weekend the Saturday gatherings are the “faith” services because it would have made a strong statement IF Jesus’ followers had worshipped when he was in the grave...instead of waiting until after they witnessed the resurrection.
- When are your Easter services? Saturday 4:30 and 6:00 pm. Sunday 7:30, 9:00, and 10:30 am.
- Are there any differences between your services? There will always be variations, but nothing intentional. The only gathering that will be “different” is at
7:30amon Sunday. It’s a “family service”, which means there will be nursery(up through2 years old) but no other rooms of our Children’s Ministry will meet. The “usual” four gathering times will all have Children’s Ministry up through fifth grade.
- What do people wear at your church? Most people wear to church what they would wear during the week! Some dress up, but some are very casual. There is no dress-code! Wear what you are comfortable wearing.
- Where do I park? Parking can be stressful, especially for the first time! To help with that, there is a parking lot for first-time-guests immediately to the right when you drive onto campus (yellow signs). For Easter, we are asking our “regulars,” who are already comfortable here, to use the overflow (gravel) parking lot on the East side of the building.
- Where do I sit? Nearly everyone is most comfortable sitting on the aisle. With this in mind, our “regulars” are going to slide in and leave those seats for our new guests so they can be as comfortable as possible.
- What do I do with my kids? There is a check-in station inside the main doors. One line is for assisted (new) check-ins and the other is for those “self-check-in” for those who have key tags. If you would like key tag, please don't hesitate to ask for one at the assisted check-in!
- What is your service like? Usually three-four songs, a 35-40 minute message from the Bible that is positive, encouraging, and practical. We offer “Communion” at every gathering for those who consider themselves to be Christ-followers. This is done as a way to remember how Jesus sacrificed himself to pay for our sin (1 Corinthians 11:25-26). The tray contains little pieces of bread and very small cups of grape juice. It is passed along the rows and easy to pass on for those who aren’t ready for this yet. If you are ready for this step, please take the bread and juice and consume them when you are ready. When finished, please place the cups under the chairs in the row in front of you. There will be a little hole in the rack underneath.
While we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus every week, HOW EXCITING it is to celebrate on the actual day when it’s likely to have occurred!
HOW EXCITING it is to think that people who have never come to church before WILL COME THAT WEEKEND!
Do you realize that every weekend there are people coming for the first time and (unfortunately) there are probably people coming for what they expect to be THE LAST TIME?
It would be good for you, and me, to realize those realities with every person we have the opportunity to greet! YOUR GREETINGS CAN CHANGE THE ETERNITY FOR PEOPLE!
In the past, we would start a new series on Easter as an extra incentive for people to return the next week. We realized that sometimes we “forced” the resurrection into a message that was intended to go a different direction. SO last year, we began just talking about the resurrection as a “stand alone” message on Easter. We decided to promote the new series that begins the next week as an invite back!
Please pray for everything to be ready for our guests so that every life we touch will come to know, love, and serve Jesus AND that they will return the following week and stay for the entire series!