About Lori's Place
The Cochise Family Advocacy Center, Inc., also known as Lori's Place, is a local non-profit organization that works with victims of trauma from sexual abuse, domestic violence, assault and human trafficking, through emotional, medical, and legal support.
The mission is to compassionately support and promote the
Lori's Place is Designed to:
- Reduce trauma to children and adults by decreasing repeated interviewing by multiple persons.
- Combine the wisdom and professional knowledge of the department of child safety, law enforcement, prosecutors, medical providers, counselors, and victim advocates resulting in a more complete understanding of case issues and provide the most effective response possible.
- Increase caretaker knowledge of community resources.
- Enhance the ability of a parent/caretaker to care for a child or dependent adult of trauma.
- Prevent further victim abuse through victim safety education and by removing perpetrators from the community through prosecution.
You can partner with Lori's Place in a few ways including:
- Donations: If you would like to support Lori's Place by giving a financial donation, click here. Physical donations can be dropped off at their center, 214 East Tacoma Street, between 8:00-5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Volunteer: Lori's Place loves accepting volunteers to help fulfill their services and mission in various ways. Check out their website below and fill out the online form to get involved, or click here to download the Volunteer Victim Advocate Application and return to their center.
- Give through "Covered With Love": "Covered With Love" is a local ministry run by Thunder Mountain member, Suzanne Parker, that supports Lori's Place by donating hand-made blankets, care bags, and other needed goods. For more information, contact Suzanne at , or visit the Facebook page here.
- victim care bags with travel sized toothpaste, tooth brushes shampoo, deodorant, bars of soap, and other gender and age-friendly hygiene products
- victim comfort blankets
Would you like regular updates about how Thunder Mountain church is working with this and other Strategic Partners? Click the button below to view our Outreach blog.