About the Food Pantry
The Thunder Mountain food pantry is a source of supplementary food and toiletries for those in need from our congregation and the community. Services are confidential.
We believe that it is the responsibility of the church and individuals to care for those in need. “Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes or daily food. If one of you says to him, ‘Go, I wish you well, keep warm and well fed,’ but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?” (James 2:15-16)
Food Pantry Hours (adjusted during Shelter in Place)
- Wednesdays, 1:00pm-2:00pm
Feel free to stop by you are in need of this service. The Thunder Mountain Food Pantry is not open at other times during the week, so be sure to take advantage of this service during hours of operation.
Location: Thunder Mountain Church - main building; entry through the north, side door (to the right as you face the church)
Food Pantry Coordinator: Holly Lewis is our Food Pantry Coordinator. If you are interested in helping out in any way, please contact Holly by clicking the volunteer button below! Holly can also be reached via text or phone call at 425-503-5244.
Food Pantry News:
In light of Covid-19 - There are to go bags available during the week at the ministry support center. Please take advantage of those if you know someone in need. If you would like to donate food you can leave it with Savannah at the ministry support center.
- Gunny's BBQ paired his 8th Anniversary Celebration with a food drive for the TMC Food Pantry. Big thanks to Louie Aviles for his support!
- $500 from SSVEC through Jack Blair - Sierra Vista is blessed with a generous business community. Thank you!
- Food and money donations from TMC families. THANK YOU for continuing to bless your community in this practical way.
- Last but not least, an awesome group of TMC volunteers!
First quarter 2020 Impact:
January - 69 people served, 416 items donated
February - 63 people served, 315 items donated
March - 20 Pantry Guests, 60 individuals serves, 493 items donated
April - 26 pantry guests, 63 individuals serves, 476 items donated
In light of Covid-19, you may bring your donated items to the Thunder Mountain Church Ministry Support Center Monday-Thursday between
Current food needs
- Dry Milk
- Soups (hearty, low sodium & condensed)
- Cereal (low sugar, high fiber)
- Hamburger or Tuna Helpers, Rice-a-Roni/Pasta-Roni
- Pasta & Tomato Sauce/Tomato Products
- Canned vegetables
- Beans (baked beans, pinto, black, white)
- Tuna Fish
- Canned Meats/Meals, Ravioli, Hash, Stew, Chilis
- Peanut Butter
- Boost, Ensure
*** Please note that we do not give out food that is passed the "used by" date.***
If you are interested in helping out in any way, please contact our new Food Pantry Coordinator, Holly Lewis, by clicking the button below. Holly can also be reached via text or phone call at 425-503-5244.