***The Relentless Love Campaign will begin on the Commitment Weekend, October 27-28. Until then you can continue to give to the Building Fund by clicking the link below.
To fill out a Relentless Love Goal Card
Thunder Mountain Church started with just a few who gave of themselves to become a church of many.
While we have much to celebrate, we believe that the leaders of Thunder Mountain Church today have a responsibility to ensure that THE BEST YEARS ARE ALWAYS JUST AHEAD!
Together, God will write His Story with us!
OUR DREAM: To become a seven-day a week destination for people to connect with God and each other! We need space for people to linger without feeling run over or pushed out the door. We want multiple areas to connect, process decisions, and pray for one another! We have to make room for all the children God calls here, and we want their parents to enter and exit the worship gatherings stress-free!
OUR DILEMMA: The facilities that allowed God to expand our touch over the past ten years, to tens of thousands of people, are now presenting a barrier to us becoming everything God created us to be as a church!
OUR DISCOVERY: As we took our time and prayed over this situation, we realized children’s space is our most immediate and critical need.
- Classrooms are crowded.
- Lack of adequate children’s space is limiting the number of families who were willing to call TMC “home.”
- This expansion would make room for more people and help close the gap between the facilities we need and what we can afford.
WHAT RELENTLESS LOVE WILL PAY FOR:
- Construction of four new classrooms
- Expand restrooms
- Remodel current classrooms #1-3
- Purchase modular for children’s ministry use
- Connect to city sewer (we can’t build on our land when it is needed for the septic tank and leach field)
- Expand the playground
- Paint building
- Remodel Media Booth to create more seats in our auditorium
- Replace carpet in the current building.
- Repair our lighted sign so it can display on East side.
- Engineering, design, permit and related fees.
OUR ULTIMATE GOAL: To create an environment where more children can enjoy coming to know, love, and serve Jesus! To create an environment where more families will entrust their children to our care. To create an opportunity to expand and in three years be debt-free!
October 26-27 Relentless Love Commitment Weekend:
We will join in our commitment to reaching the next generation through worship, and testimonies. We will bring commitment cards and first fruit offerings this weekend.
November 10-11 Relentless Love Reveal and Celebration Weekend:
We will celebrate together by looking back on what God has done in this campaign and by looking forward through what God has provided for this church.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What will we accomplish through Relentless Love?
1. Remodel and expand the current building to the East and provide an additional four large classrooms (300sf each) and increase the size of current restrooms.
2. Add a modular (986sf) for the children’s ministry to use during construction that will remain. This would provide space for children’s worship until the new worship center can be built.
3. Classroom 4 will be lost to restroom expansion and classrooms 1-3 (605sf) will be remodeled to provide two larger classrooms with sound control.
2. How much are we trying to raise from the Relentless Love Campaign?
Our prayers are to raise $1,277,400. Relentless Love will be a 3-year capital initiative that has the ability to accomplish the following goals:
$863,400 building expansion
$310,000 current mortgage
Bronze Goal: Expand the children’s ministry area and, in three years, pay for the costs of the project!
Silver Goal: Pay for the cost of the expansion project plus interest which means we would end the three years without any additional debt!
Gold Goal: In addition to paying for the project plus interest, we would also pay off the current mortgage so that we would be completely debt-free and ready to build the connection space that is so badly needed right now!
3. Can I move my regular giving to the Building Faith Initiative?
Short answer: if everyone did this we would have a building but no ministry. The operational budget funds everything we do and is where our tithes belong. This campaign will build our faith and it must come from money over and above our current giving.
4. Will any of the money raised be used for outreach?
Yes! We will tithe 10% of all money from the campaign to continue supporting our strategic partnerships here in Cochise County and around the world.
5. How do I participate in the Relentless Love Campaign?
Although you can make your commitment at any time, as a church family we will be bringing our commitments to the Lord the weekend of October 27-28. The campaign is a 3-year endeavor. Consider what your involvement may be, not just that weekend, but over those 3 years.
You can contribute by clicking on the button above, through our App., or by setting up an auto-payment from your bank to Thunder Mountain Church (Relentless Love). You can also drop an envelope with cash or check into the Offering Box with "Relentless Love" marked.