About Casa Esperanza
House of Hope for Children, founded in 1999, is a non-profit public charity whose purpose is to provide an atmosphere that will protect, feed, nurture, educate and love children who would not otherwise have a stable environment for development in Hermosillo, Mexico. Their goal is to empower each individual for a future of health, spiritual wholeness and excellence.
The TMC Casa Support Team
Elsa Weiss: Mission Director
Janet Paladini: Communication Coordinator
Rob Gallucci: Promotion & Support Coordinator
For more information on Casa and for updates on our trips, needs and other promotions please visit the Casa Support Team Facebook page by clicking HERE.
"Heart for Casa Celebration" will be a casual gathering at Elsa and Ray Weiss' home in Hereford on February 22nd at 6:00pm. You are invited to come and hear from the team and a few sponsors about why we are so excited about Casa as well as supporting the children and leadership there. Dinner will be provided. Please call Elsa Weiss at 541-933-2064 or email for more information.
- Easter Celebration: Whether you are new to partnering with Casa or you are a long-time supporter, this is a great opportunity for you to cross the border with the Casa Support Team and spend time celebrating the resurrection of Christ with the children at Casa. This is happening April 12-14, 2019. Click here to download the application.
- Ziploc baggies, quart, half gallon, 1 gallon and 2 gallon
- Garbage bags of all sizes, from the regular kitchen bag, to 50 gallon outside industrial use bags
- Bed pillows
- Paper towels and toilet paper
- Lotion, body lotion, hand lotion, some that smells good, some just for sun scorched hands
- School supplies, everything, including backpacks
On ethe most powerful ways you can partner with us in a practical way is through prayer. If you would like regular updates on prayer needs, contact Janet Paladini at janetpaladini .
- Donations: We would love to accept new and gently used clothing, furniture and care products. For more information, contact Joe Gramke at .
- Take a trip: we take about 3-4 annual trips dealing with construction needs, as well as trips to spend time with the children and pour into their lives. For more information, contact Elsa Weiss at .
- Child sponsorship: Casa is in serious need of child sponsorship with over 40 children still needing monthly financial support. Full sponsorship is $275 per month, but partial sponsorship is welcomed! For more information, contact Dawn Tuthill at .
- Casa Youth Collective (CYC): CYC was recently created for members of the Thunder Mountain Student Ministry with the goal of establishing communication with children at Casa through Amigos Mios ("Friend of Mine") pen-pal program. For more information, contact Alyssa Goodhue at .
Would you like regular updates about how Thunder Mountain Church is working with this and other Strategic Partners? Click the button below to view our Outreach Blog.